Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Maison Kammerzell

Finally, I have eaten at the Maison Kammerzell, one of the most famous places in Strasbourg! It's an old old OLD house dating back to 1427, and it's extremely ornate. Located right next to the cathedral, it has been turned into one of Strasbourg's best restaurants, but since it's a little pricey, neither Kat nor I had yet eaten there.

My dad offered to take us there, though, so Sunday night, after a day on the Wine Route, my dad and I met Kat at the Maison Kammerzell for dinner. Since it was our first vist (and probably last, at least for the foreseeable future), we didn't hold back, each ordering three courses. Kat and I both started off with chilled cucumber-melon soup while my dad ate escargot a la Strasbourgoise. My main course was chicken done in a "coq au Riesling" style, and complete with spatzle. And to finish off, I had an apple strudel, while Kat enjoyed a chocolate-cookie-pear sundae and my dad ended with a glass of "eau de vie" -- literally meaning "water of life," it's a super-strong clear liquor that I can't even stand smelling, not to mention tasting. 


It was such a cool dinner at the Maison Kammerzell. I'm so happy to have eaten there before leaving Strasbourg! Highly recommended if you are ever in Alsace!  

No comments:

Post a Comment